Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries NSW (SMCNSW) is a community based, organisation, committed to serving the needs of our communities. Formed in March 2012, SMCNSW is responsible for the care and maintenance of Woronora Memorial Park (established in 1895) and Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park (established in 1893) and providing memorial services to the community.
Our commitment to professional, personalised care, new thinking, modern sustainable burials, innovative memorials for ashes and special memories makes SMCNSW a leading provider of services to honor and celebrate your loved one’s life.
Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park (ESMP), located in Matraville, is currently seeking an experienced Supervisor to join their team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Cemetery Operations Manager, this is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the Burials Team. You will need to work closely with the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor and Crematorium Supervisor to enhance overall services on site. Your main duties will also include:
- Leading and motivating the burial team, including establishing KPI’s.
- Planning/scheduling the daily activities for the team
- Providing on the job training and mentoring in operational standards, skills, performance, culture and values
- Implementing Quality Control techniques and procedures
- Identification and marking of burial plots
- Reviewing and responding to Permit Applications
- Reviewing and administration of Burial paperwork
- Liaising with the Customer Care team and assist with internal/external enquiries
- Overseeing and assist with grave digging as required
- Working closely with the ESMP/SMCNSW Management Team to ensure SMCT’s image and service standards are consistently and fully achieved
- Ensuring cost effective purchase of materials and use of staffing to minimise costs within or below budget
- Constantly reviewing and implementing improvements to work practices
- Conducting site inspections to ensure presentation meets community, SMCT and WHS standards
- Administrative duties e.g. processing timesheets, preparing reports and/or presentations
You will be a confident leader with a positive can-do attitude. The key to your success will be your ability to lead, motivate and inspire your team and have a professional approach to your work.
For full details on this position and to apply go to SEEK.