Back to Top

Cemeteries & Crematoria Association of NSW - Members Site


What can be done to bury a deceased person without means?

What are the requirements for a Persons Without Means Funeral (Destitute Funeral) and how is it arranged?


In a situation where no-one comes forward to take responsibility for arranging to bury or cremate a deceased person in NSW, the case will usually be referred to the Police.   After further inquiries are made, searching for relatives or other responsible persons, if no money is available, the Police can authorise a cremation.


Please register/login to answer this question.  Click here to login