Holds regular meetings across NSW:
Meetings are held three times a year: In Sydney, regional NSW or interstate.
Regional Meetings are usually held from Friday to Sunday. Traditionally, Friday is set aside for general business. Saturday is programmed with guest speakers, inspection tours, etc. A hectic 'social' diary is included to ensure there is plenty of time for 'peer to peer' networking.
Sydney Meetings are usually a 1 day meeting held on a Friday.
The Executive Committee meets separately, with meetings being held on a bi-monthly basis.
Provides members with guidelines and standards on:
- Safe Working Practices in Cemeteries & Crematoria in NSW
- Service Standards in Cemeteries and Crematoria
- Guidelines on Above Ground Interment in NSW
- Guidelines for Planning an Exhumation including Removal of Coffin from Cemetery
- Policy for Above Ground Interment
- Policy for Compressed Cement Sheeting Liners for Reduced Depth Liners
- Guidelines on Cemetery Ornamentation
- Guidelines on Burial or Cremation of Pathological Samples in NSW
Represents members' interest within the Funeral Services Industry on the following committees:
- Industry forums as required
- Australian Funeral Directors Association
- Funeral Directors Association of NSW
and maintains communication with the NSW Department of Health, Lands Department, Department of Fair Trading and any other relevant Government Department or organisation.
Operates a number of committees targeting important issues, of which the following are just a few:
Training and Education:
This committee is actively involved in the development and promotion of training within the industry. CCA NSW has representation on the Board of NSW WRAPS, which is the industry training advisory board that represents the Funeral Industry Training Package.
CCA NSW works closely with TAFE NSW - Northern Sydney Institute in offering the Safe Grave Techniques course, for people employed as gravediggers or who perform work in related roles. The five-day course includes three days of tuition and practical activities and two days of formal assessment.
Funeral Industry Liaison:
This committee encourages communication between all areas of the funeral and cemetery/crematoria industries.